Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Starting off on the right foot - 2012

I'm sure you've come across plenty of blogs that talk about the same thing over and over. Women and men who strive to achieve greatness through healthy eating and lots of sweat. But for some that isn't always the case. Our bodies go through viscous cycles of eating really well and working out, then being lazy and eating like a slob.. I am a prime example of that. If I fall off the band wagon of healthy eating I don't just merely stumble... I full out face plant.. and can't get back up for days if not weeks. That's why I'm creating this blog. Not only to hold myself accountable to what I'm setting out to do but to share my recipes and "tips" on what works for me.

My history with weight loss could probably write a book series longer than Harry Potter, Twilight, The Hunger Games, and the Lord of the Rings put together.... it's long and very daunting - but it has put me in an amazing place today. Currently I attend Crossfit 5 days a week, I ran a half marathon in June as well as participating in the Enbridge Ride to Conquer Cancer, I'm running in the "Color me Rad" 5k run next year with my best friend (who I have gotten hooked on Crossfit!!) and I'm trying to go Gluten Free with most if not all of my meals. Meal plans are a big thing for me, it gives me structure and helps me not veer off the "health nut" path so to speak :D

In this blog I will share with you pictures of my meals, write out my Crossfit WOD (workout of the day), some recipes, some motivational pictures and much much more! I'm excited to get this thing going, and I hope you are too!

Until next time,

Happy Fitness


No comments:

Post a Comment